Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finally I'm a Blogger




I'm finally starting my own blog. I have enjoyed reading my friends blogs and decided it was time to start my own.


A little back ground about us. Keith was born and raised in Lonoke, Arkansas and graduated from Arkansas State University in Plant Science. He is currently a Rice Crop Consultant that means that he works for farmers and tells them what to spray, fertilize, flood and drain the rice so that they will have a good harvest. He works from sun up 5:30 a.m. until dark during the summer in the hot humidity and mosquitoes. I don't see how he does it but I'm sure glad he does. Keith came to Utah for the winter to ski and find a wife, kinda like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. While he was out looking for a job at ski shops his cousin and my sister in-law set us up on a blind date in October 2003, we were engaged on New Year's Eve and married February 20, 2004 it was quite the whirlwind romance.


I was born and raised in Provo, Utah graduated from BYU in Elementary Education. I taught first grade for 4 years at Joaquin Elementary and 4 years at Rock Canyon Elementary. Which I loved doing. When Keith and I got married I moved to Arkansas and quit teaching since we spend 8 months in Arkansas and 4 months in Utah. I truly have the best of both worlds we get to be close to Keith's family while we are in Arkansas and mine during the winter. It has worked out very nicely.


Then in February 2006 we were blessed with our beautiful Kennedi Shelton, she is our little sunshine.

3 comments:

dbowen said...

WOW Misti, I am so impressed. For someone who just started yesterday you are doing great. Your bolg looks wonderful and you are off to a great start. Have fun and I look forward to reading your blog while you are in Utah.

nina said...

I love your blog Misti. You did awesome with it. I can't wait to read your next blog!

swtelford said...

Lookin' good! Hope your trip was fun!